Sunday, March 27, 2011

Downhill

Since my last post, my health has headed, well, down. I kicked the cough with the help of my inhaler, so my stomach quit aching, then my body decided to reward me me by developing a sinus infection. I literally blew my nose so much that I strained muscles in my back and along the sides of my ribs. As a result, I can't pick anything up, including P. Thank goodness it happened on the weekend you might be thinking, so Tom could be around. Wrong. This has probably been Tom's craziest work weekend to date since he started at the firm. He literally worked ALL weekend with the exception of going to the pharmacy to pick up my prescription. I am not sure which of us had it worse the past two days. I had some tears this morning as I laid on the couch with the dull ache in my back. I feel like I have been housebound ever since my friend departed town and I am ready to heal up so I can have this baby and not be in pain before I even begin to labor. Meanwhile, Baby Pohl has more access to drugs than the Jersey Shore cast. I feel horrible putting any of that in my body, but it is supposed to be "safe" at this point. Thank you, God, for blessing us with family so willing to step in to help out. Tom's mom helped Saturday and will be here tomorrow, my mom and dad were both here at various times today, and my sister was willing to take P today if only I had a car seat that I could have gotten out of my car without hassle. Thanks to my mom, the three days of dishes and laundry that were cluttering up my home are now history. I am heading off to bed (in our guest room so my poor husband can finally get some shut-eye. I hit the bathroom three times last night and with my sore back, I sense another restless night) and am praying for an improved back tomorrow. I have my weekly doctor's check-up tomorrow and it would be nice to drive myself. P.S. Still doing surprisingly well on the swelling and the occasional numbness in my hands at night has not gotten worse at all. I am considering myself fairly lucky still with this little guy.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Carol, I am so sorry you're feeling so horrible and Tom has had to work so much!! You poor thing. This will all be over soon. I'm so glad you have family close--wish I was closer to help. Xox

    ReplyDelete