There are so many things to accomplish before Christmas-finish putting up the Christmas lights outside, wrap presents, make cookies, send Christmas cards...but this weekend we made an executive decision to take a family time out. We dropped everything and packed the car for some much needed R&R at the ski condo. We lounged by the fireplace, sipped hot chocolate, went sled riding (Tom was so nervous about me taking one sled trip down the most child friendly slope, but I couldn't resist!), and took the obligatory horse drawn wagon ride with Mr. and Mrs. Claus. Patrick didn't care for them anymore than he did Free Santa. The highlight: dinner buffet at the lodge! I probably should have skipped this one since I was scolded by my doctor for going over my goal weight gain for the month (I admit I gained 6.5 instead of 4). I was reminded that every pound I gain could affect the size of the baby which may ultimately determine whether I have another c-section.
Now, it is back to reality...
No comments:
Post a Comment