Monday, December 22, 2014

Downtown During the Holidays

If you aren't into Facebook, you may have been wondering where we have been hiding.  The week after Halloween, Kaya had her 15-month well check.  The doctor listened to her heart; perfect. Peeked inside her ears; good.  Checked out her mouth; uh oh. She was diagnosed with hand, foot, and mouth disease on the spot.  Over the course of the next week, Patrick and Tommy got sores In their mouths. I had a cold, which the doctor suspected was the same.  We had just recovered from that and our self-imposed isolation, when in enters the GI bug.  I started feeling bad, and about an hour later, Kaya threw up all over my mom.  Tom came home to me curled up in bed and as he was getting Tommy ready for bed, Tommy threw up. Poor guy was sick all night. I threw up while Tommy was throwing up. Patrick got it shortly afterwards.  We thought Tom had managed to avoid it, but two days later it hit him.  

We recovered from that, and Patrick came down with strep throat. Then Kaya has a sinus infection. Now we all have colds.  So two days before Christmas, I have nothing wrapped. Most of my decorations didn't make it up. We haven't made cookies. I just finished decorating the tree last night. 

We did make it downtown this past weekend with the kids to see some friends and check out the life size Nativity. 

Patrick and Kaya with Uncle Anthony


The Macy's windows didn't disappoint. They had beautiful, moving characters and lights.


My favorite- Pittsburgh in the background with fireworks going off.  


By chance, Tommy had to use the bathroom, so we ducked into Macy's and sought out the closest bathroom.  I was so excited to see the same scale that I used to hop on when my mom took my sister and I downtown when we were about Patrick's age. Tommy continues the tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment