Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas 2014, Part 1

Christmas started Sunday for us - my mom and her boyfriend hosted an early Christmas lunch at their place. We stuffed ourselves on fried chicken, then opened presents. My sister and her family were there as well and the cousins had fun.







Tommy wasn't feeling great on Christmas Eve, so Baba came over to stay with he and Kaya while Tom and I took Patrick to the 4:00 children's mass.  This was the first year P was old enough to participate in the mass as an angel or shepherd.  He was adorable.  

We had a quiet dinner at home, just the five of us (my dad, who normally spends the night with us, stayed clear until we knew what  germs Tommy had), and got the kids in bed around 8:00.  

Christmas morning, Tommy was the first one up just after 7:00.


Santa brought Blaze the horse for Kaya and he has been a big hit all around.  Tom and I both had one of these spring loaded horses growing up. 

Patrick decorated a ceramic plate at school for Tom and I, and also bought us each gifts at the holiday shop at his elementary school. What did he pick? Two jars of candy of course.  You can share them, he tells us :)

Patrick got a million Lego sets, as did Tommy.  Santa remembered two special requests - scotch tape for Patrick and a flashlight for Tommy.  Kaya found an Elsa dress and crown under the tree.


My mom and her boyfriend gave us this new star for our tree. 


Pap Pap with the kids.

Tom and I were contemplating whether we were much more exhausted this year, or if we just couldn't remember clearly a year back.  I only got half the decorations out, we didn't have tine to make cookies, and I was still wrapping presents on Christmas Day.  We stayed in our pajamas until 3:00.  The boys ate boxed sprinkle donuts for breakfast.  Tommy rejoiced at the return of his beloved security blanket (taken away when he was not being good), which he found wrapped under the tree. Patrick began a 48 hour Lego building binge. Truly, happiness and joy trumped the tiredness and we will remember this Christmas fondly. 

P.S. Tom and the boys got me a new camera lens, which I am still trying to figure out (this last photo was taken with the new lens)!

Our day continued with dinner at Baba and Grampy's house...

No comments:

Post a Comment