Saturday, December 21, 2013

Naughty or Nice (#3)

This post is all about Tommy.  Sweet, cuddly, climbing, eating (non food items), biting, Tommy. 

When I say this kid has embraced the terrible twos, I wish I were exaggerating.  Let's start with his habit of trying to eat everything.  Last month I put him in timeout in his room and he did this:


He ate his WALL.  Paint AND drywall.  He eats crayons, his shoes, his nails, books, toys, clothing.  You name it, he will try to eat it.   He has bitten Patrick twice in the last two months, the last time being Thanksgiving Day.  Yet he surprises me and has never once been aggressive or rough towards his sister. 


Lately he and Patrick have been on a Thomas the Train kick.  They will play nicely together making tracks for an hour.  A blessing for me.  So you can guess what he asked Santa for this year.


This is the first year either of my boys wanted to sit on Santa's lap! After we walked away, I asked P if he told Santa what legos he wanted, and he started to cry.  "No, I forgot!" Luckily there was no line and we went right back where he had a nice 5 minute chat with Santa and Mrs. Claus.  Kaya slept through the whole thing.

Potty training isn't really going anywhere.  Tommy will show an interest, then it disappears the next day and he is content to be in a diaper.  I am in no rush to master going on the potty during the holidays, so I am not pushing him. 

I love this kid, but I am not sure which list he is on at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment