Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Kaya's 4 Month Well Check (#1)

Where to begin?  At the beginning, or at the end?  End, I think. 

Today was Kaya's 4 month well check.  I was having sneaking suspicions that my milk supply was dwindling.  It happened right about this time with all three kids.  I get lazy with pumping, run down, don't drink enough water, etc. etc. Kaya doesn't seem as content after each feeding, even though I increased her feedings to every 3 hours instead of 4.

So when the doc told me she had gained only a pound in two months, I wasn't surprised.  Kaya went from the 50th percentile to the 12th at 12.1 lbs.  She did grow in height.  They recommended I start her on cereal with some stage 1 fruits blended in.  Meanwhile, I am chugging water like I was lost in the desert. 

And Kaya?  Well, she isn't sleeping nearly as well as the boys did.  Still down about 7:00 p.m., but she continues to wake about 2:30 or 3:00, at which time she is greeted with a pacifier.  She will usually return to sleep until 4:00 or 4:30 when I feed her.  She learned to roll from her back to her front about 1 1/2 weeks ago, and from her front to her back this weekend.  She was flipping to her belly to sleep, but these past few days she has remained on her back.  She is slipping into a good daytime napping pattern, at least when we are home and not dropping off, or picking up, P from preschool. 

She is still happy, happy, happy for the most part when she is awake.  Today I watched as she laid on her activity mat and just stared at Patrick, who had parked his Legos right next to his sister so he could keep her company. I mean, she didn't even make a peep or squirm around.  45 minutes of eyes locked on her brother, happy, happy, happy.

See what I mean?

Her hair is still reaching for the sky in the back.


Kaya in her Christmas Eve dress.  Yes, she also has a Christmas day dress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment