Monday, March 11, 2013

Why I am Still Up?

My dear, dear husband, who moved a ton of stuff today, is sound asleep in our bed, snoring like it is an olympic sport.  After numerous elbows to his ribs and no cease fire, I grabbed my pillows and trudged to the guest room.  Thought I would knock out a quick post. It is 12:15 AM.

We have movers scheduled for this Thursday, and we are nowhere near ready to be living in the house.  I haven't even begun to paint P's bedroom or our master.  I had a sitter today for 4 hours and still don't even have one of those rooms fully prepped.  The previous paint job was terrible and I am having to sand, spackle, sand, and then wash down walls.  Feeling a bit frustrated.  Our bookcase, which is primarily built, will be installed tomorrow - can't wait to see!  I am over the renovation phase and would like to move on to the "shop" phase.  I need rugs, curtains, and little pink baby clothes.  Oh, and I need a bed ASAP for Tommy.  I had just put Tommy in his crib for the night and headed to the computer (to sort through a million e-mails).  Tom was telling P a bedtime story and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (it was Robin Hood and Alice in Wonderland before that). 

THUD.  CRYING

I rush into Tommy's room and sure enough, he is picking himself up off the floor, crying hysterically.  No wounds, and he went right back to sleep.  Now I just need to find time to go to the unfinished wood store and have a bed made to match his current furniture (which I have deemed too boyish to remain in a little girl nursery).  He couldn't have held off escaping for just one more month?

Okay, heading to bed now. 
Goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. AHHHH!! Am just seeing the news. How wonderfully exciting! Tell Tom he's not alone--we were all shell-schocked when we learned the news of MG's pending arrival! Assure him MG now has us all doting on her, especially Daddy. It will be an awesome, special thing! Praising God for health too!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete