Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Boys and My Belly

I couldn't have hoped for better with the boys' ajustment to life in the new house.  Patrick is as sweet as ever, made even more obvious against the backdrop of Tommy's tantrums.  Tommy will go into an all out, laying on the floor, pounding fists and kicking legs, fit at the drop of a hat.  I mean for anything, and anywhere.  At P's school, in the elevator, in the garage.  I just ignore him and hope he'll outgrow it soon. 





Meanwhile, P has taken to singing "She's a Jolly Good Fellow" after grace at meals I've prepared.  This stems from his school class singing it for whichever student brought snack that day.  It is kinda nice.   P is still in full hide and seek mode these days.  If anyone comes to the house, P insists on hiding and having the new arrival find him.  Each day I pick him up from school, he shuffles out of the classroom with his bookbag held up in front of face (like I can't see the rest of his body) and then reveals himself out in the hallway.  This never gets old for him and all the other parents just laugh that it is a daily occurence. 
 
I still need to order Tommy's bed, but he hasn't climbed out of his crib again.  It is at the top pf my long to-do list though.  Saturday morning Tom and I head to the kitchen design center to take a look at the 3-D images that were created of our new potential kitchen.  Can't wait!  We still haven't made a decision as to whether this is something we are going to attempt immediately.  

On this second day of spring, we woke up to a dusting of snow.  Booooo!  It needs to warm up, and soon.  My belly is only getting bigger and I have a ton of gardening to tackle. Speaking of bigger, I had my 20-week check-up Tuesday and all is well with Baby Girl.  I weighed in at 164 (a four pound gain since last month).  I truly thought I would have only  a pound gain with how many calories I have been burning during this move. Par for the course.  Still no difficulties to report with this pregnancy, other than my wedding band has been swapped out for my larger pregnancy band. 

Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment