Sunday, June 20, 2010

Welcome Home!

Okay, I know I have been HORRIBLE about posting, but I have a good excuse- this past Tuesday, Tom and I finally threw down roots and closed on a house! I am supposed to be painting so we can start moving in furniture, but here it is 5 days after closing and I haven't even opened a paint can. Instead, we decided the gorgeous floor-to-ceiling brick fireplace in the family room that had been painting bright yellow needed to be restored to its former glory. Approximately 20 hours of manual labor later, most of the paint is off- at least well enough until we get moved in and settled. Tonight, I decided the carpet in the upstairs master bedroom and hallway needed to be pulled up. I did some exploratory pulling and verified that for the most part, the hardwoods underneath look in pretty good condition. We are getting there (except for the painting part) and can't wait to show off our new house, which already feels like home. I will try to post some photos tomorrow. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment