Monday, August 17, 2009

You Win Some, You Lose Some

Over the past weeks since I gave birth, I have put on a brave face and began the tedious process of figuring out what clothes and shoes I will fit into again, and which ones will need to go to nice new homes. Honestly, I am not having the best of luck. I know it has been only 2 1/2 months, but I have come to terms with the fact that my feet are not going to shrink back to their original size 8. 8 1/2 just seems big to me, but that is what I now have to work with, and I AM grateful my ankles are skinny. I am not expecting any sympathy, particularly from those friends (I won't name names) who are secretly rejoicing that I am now an 8 1/2 just so they can inherit my favorite bronze d'orsay heels and Jcrew Italian leather boots. Just wipe off the tear stains before you wear them for the first time.

On a positive note, I can now zip up one of my favorite sundresses. I still can't wear it because I can't breathe with it zipped up, but baby steps...

1 comment:

  1. Now if only I could grow a couple of shoe sizes with pregnancy to get up to an 8. Hmm... That might require a few more kids and fear you'd have all your shoes given away by that time. Shux! :) Keep up all the good work on the postpartum "getting back into old clothes" effort. I lifted some weights today and thought of you and our old regimen! :) Glad to see you all got out for a great evening--you all look fab.

    ReplyDelete