Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Camp Is Here!


I am not sure who is more excited about a week of dinosaur camp- the boys, or me.  It runs for three hours, and Tommy and Patrick are in adjoining classrooms, so I have only one drop-off and pick-up. It is my only week this summer where I can run errands with just one kiddo in tow, and it comes the week before Kaya's first birthday. Although we aren't having anything more than a small family party, I still wanted to decorate, so we have been picking supplies here and there. Here is a sneak peak at the theme I picked:


I am having so much fun with my first girly party. More pictures to come, of course.

Back to camp-
We kicked off the week by taking the boys to the Natural history museum on Saturday so they could really grasp the size of the dinosaurs.  This was our first time there since we moved back in 2009.




There was a special dig site for the kids that had real tools that they used to chip away at the faux rock that surrounded replica fossils.  The rock came off painstakingly slow, but the boys were happy to be wearing goggles and using any sort of tool.



Kaya was bored and angry because she couldn't have snacks in her stroller, Tommy tried to touch everything that said "please do not touch", and Patrick seemed to be interested in everything. 

Tommy did great at camp. It helps that this was his brother's school, and now his for this fall. He already feels at home. Still not a single accident over the past two weeks, so I would say we are officially fully potty trained. He sleeps in undies, and his swim diapers have been tucked away for Kaya. Way to go, Tommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment