Tommy invited three friends, and cutely refers to all of his brother's friends as his friends too. The favors were beach buckets filled with a small Lego pack and Lego soap. The soap idea I copied from justcraftyenough.com, which had awesome directions. It was ridiculously easy. I bought the silicone lego tray molds from Amazon (I think $15 for the two I used). I bought the glycerine soap base and coloring from Michaels.
They came out perfectly. The only negative was I only had one giant Lego figurine in the molds, so to get 10, I had to wait 25 minutes for each to harden. I should have bought two of that mold to make my life easier.
I decided to bake a square cake to create a Lego brick that I wanted to cover in blue fondant. I found these jumbo marshmallows at grocery store to act as the raised part of the lego. Turns out fondant is not as easy to work with as I thought.
My cake kinda sucked. I covered it in Lego mini figures to help cover up the lumpiness. It didn't help that sometime during the party set-up, Tommy apparently decided to taste test his brother's cake.
By the time I got to Tommy's cake, I was pretty tired. I scrapped the awesome, detailed tutorial I had picked out online and winged a simpler version.
Despite using the whole bottle of red food gel coloring, my icing never got red. So Tommy got a pinkish fire truck. He did not seem to mind.
The boys helped with decorations:
All my cute ideas you see we're copied from Pinterest or the internet. I am much too tired to think independently.
The boys got their presents from Tom's parents at the party. Every kid wanted a turn on the digger, it is pretty cool.
Patrick got a bike with training wheels that I think he is a bit afraid of currently.
The best entertainment, by far, was Kaya. She stole the show.
The aftermath of three hours of Lego building.
When Tom realized the party was three hours and not two, I wasn't sure he was going to make it, but he pulled through! It was a great team effort (a special thanks to Baba who spent the whole day helping out and picking up Legos). Next year the boys will have a nice party too. It just won't be at my house :) It was fun and worth every effort for the boys.
























Oh my gosh, it's awesome! So glad to finally see pictures! I love all your lego decorations and signs for the party -- so cute!
ReplyDelete