We actually hit the 6 month milestone a week ago, but Kaya had her well check visit just this morning. Here's the scoop on darling K:
The 4 month appointment did not go so well, if you recall. She had gained less than 2 lbs in two months (12 lbs, 11 oz), dropping her to the 10th percentile for weight. I immediately started supplementing with formula and baby food per the doctor's suggestion. This gal loves everything - green beans, zucchini, squash, peas, pumpkin, carrots, sweet potatoes. Every fruit under the sun. After a month of supplementing, my milk supply had completely waned and by 5 months, she was getting only formula and baby food. So while Kaya has packed on the pounds (weighing in today at 16 lbs, 2 oz)/49th percentile), she is still not sleeping through the night. While things have improved, I am getting up to put her pacifier in around 4 a.m. each night, which puts her back to sleep until 6-6:30 when she starts stirring for her morning meal. I tried letting her cry out the 4 a.m. fussing, but of course, that wakes P up who sleeps in the neighboring room. My pediatrician is right though, we just have to do it or she will never start putting herself back to sleep on her own. For the record, she hasn't had a 4 a.m. feeding in months. The only time she will take a pacifier is when she is tired.
Around 5 1/2 months, she started sitting up (although usually half folded over like in this picture) for a few seconds at a time, and started practicing the crawler's stance. She also has kept her baby blues! I don't have her height handy, but it was the 97th percentile. She now has her flu shot, and I can rest a bit easier.
At 6 months 1 week, she is sitting for a few minutes at a time, and is fascinated with every kind of toy. Well, every kind of toy that is not hers. She constantly is trying to get her brother's toys. The Buzz computer is one of her favorites.
She has a talent for rolling. Unlike the boys, this one rolls to get places. She will fix in on toy, and roll all over to navigate her way to it. Today is the first day I observed her pulling herself forward with her elbows to get a toy. Still no crawling or pulling up on things, and no teeth.
She is still a pretty happy, easy baby, but gets more frustrated now when she doesn't get what she wants. She is an easy and willing passenger in the car, but is starting to show the first signs of "stranger danger" anxiety. She is well outfitted for the spring, although you wouldn't know it since I seem to photograph her in only jammies. I need to do better.
No comments:
Post a Comment