Friday, February 14, 2014

Be My Valentine

This year I was still putting Patrick's school valentines together the night before his class party, so I forgot to snap a picture of them assembled.  He wanted fireman valentines, so I took a few pictures of him in front of a white background, then added the writing and hearts in power point.  I printed out the picture at Walgreens for .10 a piece.  I started hunting for cheapo matchbox sized fire trucks about a month before, and found some at Walmart for $1.20/each. Unfortunately, I seem to have bought up all their stock and had to supplement in some dump trucks.  I put each truck in a heart bag and tied it to the picture using some heart ribbon and a hole punch.  Total cost, $1.40 each.

Of course we didn't forget about Tommy (who just got registered for preschool this fall!)...

Then I started over thinking the whole thing.  I know all the girls (and Patrick) love Doc McStuffins, so I decided to do fireman valentines for the boys, and a Doc McStuffins theme for the girls.  I picked up 6 Doc McStuffins sticker packs for a $1 each at Target and taped this valentine to the backside:
Poor Kaya, by the time she goes through school, it will be all store-bought valentines.   There you have it. 
Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment: