Monday, January 6, 2014

The Day I Felt Really, Really, Old

Just before Thanksgiving, I went to the mall with Tommy and Kaya to get my 9-year-old niece an Abercrombie gift card.  Seems she is obsessed with their clothes, and because I so desperately want to be a cool aunt,  I had to get her the card.  Some observations:

1.  The store is not designed for 30-something woman pushing a double stroller.
2.  It was louder than any bar or club I have been to in the past 5 years.
3.  It smelled like my 4 year-old dumbed every perfume I owned inside my car.
4.  The guy at the register, while cute, must have only been in the 5th or 6th grade.

I left as quickly as I could.

I felt OLD. But I was the cool aunt (I think).

2 comments:

  1. I'm so old, I remember when Abercrombie and Fitch was actually a relatively high-end store for *adults*. My mom got some gorgeous (and age approprirate!) stuff from there when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I detest walking by that store in the mall, The smell is overwhelming and wretched.

    ReplyDelete