Saturday, September 28, 2013

How to Clean a Kitchen

I am a big, beautiful mess right now.  Don't you just love that term?  It is the theme for my MOPS group this year, and so appropriate for my life currently.  Daily, I am graced with spit-up, a gazillion diaper changes, and a perfect little girl.  I haven't showered yet today, but I have big plans to do so as soon as I finish this quick post.

Baby girl is doing beautifully.  The boys are fighting colds, again.  My house is a disaster, as expected.  My husband carries me through when baby brain and exhaustion hit.  I can see my extraordinary blessings, even through the messiness.

Blogging had been pushed aside until I could get control of the dishes, and laundry, and cooking, and cleaning.  Now that I am coming to terms with the impossibility of that plan, I will once again blog to you from the comfort of my dish-cluttered kitchen, and my toy-defeated family room.

But not tonight, because I have a date with a shower :) 
I will share this picture, though:


This is what my dishwasher looks like after I tell my husband that we have unexpected company arriving in ten minutes and that he needs to tidy up the kitchen in 9 minutes. As Tommy would say, "Not good".

1 comment:

  1. You are rocking it, girl! Embrace the craziness--it is a wonderful tool for humbling us and making us ever in need of a Savior! This is a season and you will get through it. Keep on, my friend. xo

    ReplyDelete