Monday, June 24, 2013

Getting Creative

Poor Kim K. - she has been taking so much slack for naming her baby North.  I mean, who will ever forget "Hello, I am North West" ?

So, I started thinking.  The name Tom and I have picked out is so unremarkable to most.  Maybe we should reconsider.  How about these?

Telephone (Pohl)

Swimming (Pohl)

Totem (Pohl) (Thanks mom, this was a great one)

Okay, okay, our baby is safe from a Hollywood name, but you will have to wait until she arrives to find out the real name. 

I have been scrambling over the past week to get enough together in the nursery where we could bring baby home to a pretty room should this girl come early.  We bought no new furniture, so it is a mixture of the same crib we used for P and T, an old, hand-me-down changing table, and the rocker/glider we have had since P was born.  I did splurge on a new rug, curtains, and nursery bedding.

Up until I started organizing/painting, it was a dumping ground for all things baby with pale, yellow walls:


It is by far, the tiniest room in the house, but a perfect little nursery.  It has this cute built-in that I imagine with a cute little bench cushion.  The closet needs some sort of storage since I can't fit a dresser in the room with the rocking chair, changing table, and crib.



The room is so small, I painted it in a day.  The color is Behr's Be Mine.  Of course I had to go pink.



The rug is in, the bedding is on, and curtains have been hung, but I want to finish it off a little more before I post anymore photos.  34 week check-up is tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment