Today I spent about two hours at the new house meeting various people for estimates and measuring for rugs, curtains and furniture layout. It was a bit overwhelming to start thinking about all the things that will need done after we just spent 2 1/2 years doing most of it to our current house. Good problems to have, I know, but still daunting.
For now I will share with you just a few photos. The first is the view from the back of the new house. A little creek runs between the trees in the tiny ravine that borders the backside of the property, complete with a tiny waterfall. I grew up near woods that had a creek about this size, and I would explore there for what seemed like hours. No doubt the boys will love it. And get dirty in it. Maybe that explains the six cubby mudroom directly inside the back door...
 |
| Original 50's chandelier that hangs in the foyer. This is absolutely staying. |
 |
| Teak parquet flooring in the dining room that needs a little TLC to be stunning |
 |
| The back family/great room is a wall of windows that overlook the backyard |
There you have it- a little glimpse for now. More projects planned for our current house this weekend including (I hope) the final 2% of our basement project. Hooray!
No comments:
Post a Comment