Wednesday my oldest sister's two boys, Lincoln (age 8) and Henry (age 6) arrived in Pittsburgh from Vermont for a few days of cousin fun. We decided to start off the trip by taking my two, H, L, and my other sister's two boys to the zoo. I'm not sure who was more tired at the end of that day- the kids or me. It was a great day.
 |
| L to R: Tommy, H, L, Jack and Nathan (P in the back) |
 |
| African termite hill |
 |
| L & H with their Grandma from Virgina (my sister and I have different moms), and their Pap Pap (my dad). P held my dad's hand through most of the zoo :) |
 |
| Not sure this replica elephant cage would actually be able to handle these 4 |
 |
| Henry checking out the gorillas. |
 |
| H & L with their cousin Jack |
 |
| Petting the stingrays |
 |
| Shark tunnel |
 |
| We are obviously a family of boys! |
 |
| Jack and Lincoln |
 |
| Me with my sister Karen (who lives here in Pittsburgh - mom to Jack and Nathan) |
Did I mention what a fun day it was? I think we will be returning some tired boys to their dad when he comes to get them Sunday. Patrick did his best to keep up with his older cousins. Lincoln was so sweet, feeding Tommy his french fries at lunch, and Nathan seems seems to be the only one (as the oldest cousin) to get P to try things outside of his comfort zone. I couldn't believe how many new things Patrick did during this one zoo visit that he never had any interest in before.
We were missing only two cousins during our excursion: Chase and Kate (our lone girl) who live in Virginia and had hosted L and H at their house last week.
Carol! Your boys are precious! Tommy is so big...almost as tall as P. I love his curly hair! So cute!! ;) I'll be in touch about a visit! Hopeful to find some cheap flights! :)
ReplyDelete