Monday, July 9, 2012

How NOT to start off your week:



Yet more water leaking into the ceiling of our addition.  Turns out that when you put on a new roof, the water will just come in an upstairs window frame that wasn't properly caulked. 

I haven't been in a very blogging mood.  This past Thursday, my car started overheating on the way home with the kids.  What happens you may have always wondered, when your engine thermostat actually gets into that red zone?  I kept waiting for the engine to shoot out through the hood.  Luckily, I got the car home and it was towed to the garage today (Patrick had the best time watching the guy get it on the truck).  Pleasantly surprised when they were able to get to the car today and fixed it for a lot less than what I was expecting.  Now we just have to figure out how to get it back here.  A pain, but so grateful the car never stranded us along the side of the road.

As far as the water goes, well, more painting.  This leak is in the exact same location on our addition ceiling as the last leak, but on the opposite side of the room.  Thank you, freak Fourth of July storm.  

No comments:

Post a Comment