Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Ahhh, Nuts.

A freak morning storm hit us today that created hurricane-like winds for about two minutes.  When it was over, our backyard was covered in debris and a gazillion acorns had come loose from the surrounding trees.  Correction- a gazillion pirate's loot covered our yard.  We had fun hunting the treasure together. 
Tommy thought it was happy hour with lots of acorn appetizers. 


Patrick: Gazillion
Squirrels: Nada
Tommy: One, but I got it out of his mouth

Today was also the day I had to have the "We don't EVER put anything in our ears, nose, or butt" talk with Patrick.  Jeez.  Thank goodness he had just been kidding with me. 

Oh, today was also the first day (I knew it was coming) that Tommy bit Patrick.  Not badly enough where it left marks, but a bite.  I saw what was about to happen, but couldn't make it across the room in time.  Patrick was trying to push Tommy's arm off the piano keys and Tommy was having none of the bullying, so he leaned in for the attack.  Patrick took it in stride and Tommy promptly got a time-out in his crib. 

Hoping for sunshine tomorrow- this crew needs some more outdoor time.

No comments:

Post a Comment