Sunday, August 7, 2011

Godparents

When Tom and I were asked to be the godparents to our friend's little girl, C.C., how could we say anything but yes? I mean, look at her-I think it may be impossible not to spoil her (while guiding her spiritually, of course) as she grows up. Attending meant packing up the kids and heading to North Carolina. What could go wrong?
First original flight=canceled
Re-booked onto flight # 2=turned around mid-air due to pressurization issues.
Re-booked onto flight #3 which was leaving in 10 minutes. We made it to North Carolina, but our luggage, sadly, did not. Tom and C.C.'s dad spent the next morning driving from home, to the airport to the Westin where our luggage had mysteriously appeared. We weren't even staying at any hotel, so we weren't sure how that happened.

At least the baptism and following celebratory lunch went off smoothly.

C.C. and her mom (who rocked a Navy dress at the baptism).


I am not sure what Patrick was contemplating in this photo, but I am sure his brother would be on the receiving end of whatever he was plotting.

And the best part of the trip? Hanging out with friends and introducing Tommy to C.C.. Their birthdays are a measly 2 days apart (we tried really hard for the same delivery date!) Can you even get past the cuteness of the little bows on her P.J.'s?



With one last kiss for our sweet goddaughter, we boarded yet another flight bound for VACATION!

No comments:

Post a Comment