Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Bump is Back

Well, to be truthful, the bump never went away after I had Patrick, but is is definitely bigger now that week 13 has come and gone. We just completed a check-up yesterday, and my little girl is doing great. No, we don't know what we are having yet, but I have convinced myself that there is a girl in there this time. We should find out the sex either just before or just after Thanksgiving.

I have gained 5 lbs so far, which is much closer to what I should be gaining rather the first time around (60lbs with Patrick) when I went a little overboard. According to my doctor, I should be gaining only a pound a week from here on out. That means (gasp), no Halloween candy, take it easy on the pumpkin pie, and daily exercise-straight from the doctors mouth. My goal is to gain NO MORE than 40lbs, with 35 being the ultimate end number. No more C-sections for nearly 10lb babies! All I have to do is make it through all the major holidays.

I joined an aqua exercise class at the high school and am convinced that in the last trimester when I am swollen and uncomfortable, the class will be saving grace to staying within my goal weight. Here we go, Second Trimester!


1 comment:

  1. Carol, you totally can do it!! You are a disciplined woman... Don't you love second chances? This is it!! :) Go for it!

    ReplyDelete