Thursday, July 1, 2010

Getting There

Slowly, we are getting to where we need to be for the big move Saturday (all the big pieces get moved over to join all the mini-loads Tom has been making over the last two weeks). After some professional carpet cleaning failed to remove the last lingering traces of dog smell, I went ahead and just ripped out the carpet from our master bedroom- and look what was underneath! There are a few stains that need to be dealt with later, but that's what rugs were invented for, right? I think the hallway carpeting needs to come up, but I am not prepared to tackle that quite yet.









Just this morning I finished the second coat of "Honey Tone" on the family room walls. We stuck with yellow, but just toned it down a bit from the neon yellow that the former owners had used. The paint to the left of the blue painters tape is the old, and the noticeably lighter yellow is the new color. For anyone contemplating painting, we used the Home Depot's new paint/primer in one. I give it two thumbs up- to cover hot pink and bright yellow, I only needed two coats of this stuff- not having to do the seperate primer step saved us LOTS of time and energy.
Perfect for those dreary Pittsburgh winters...
The finished product! No more painting (for now)...

2 comments:

  1. carol!! the house looks great!! can't wait to see more pics. i hope the move went well. we are still hanging in there...up every 3-4 hours. miss y'all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great! Hope you are having a wonderful summer!

    Sara G

    ReplyDelete