Tuesday, March 10, 2015

A Much Needed Kick-In-The-Pants

Isn't it funny how a God so carefully navigates us to where we need to be? Had Tom not had so much work and the kids had not been sick, we likely would have been away this past weekend, skiing. But instead, we were here, and headed to our home parish Sunday morning for mass.  There was a guest priest.

It was Father Joseph Freedy, age 35. A young priest recently put in charge of vocations by the Pittsburgh Diocese. He was dynamic, and inspiring.  Every person in the pews listened to every word spoken.  I would have stayed longer, if he would have kept talking.  So when he mentioned he was giving a talk the next night from 6:30-9, Tom and I agreed we needed a sitter. 

Father Joe talked from 6:30-9:30 to a packed room.  That is three hours on a Monday night.  Even after short breaks, no one left early, or  cut out, or appeared to be dozing off.  Tom ended up getting stuck at work, but I am so grateful for the chance to hear this man talk about God's love for us. I wish everyone reading this could have been there.  Because I will be honest.  It has been a long time since I have been really, sincerely excited to go mass.  With the three kids in tow, and a not-so-dynamic priest, it has been hard to muster a lot of extra enthusiasm.  A great kick-in-pants during Lent.

Here is a link to a talk he recently gave:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b-5MltgR9Xc




No comments:

Post a Comment