Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Whole30, Day One

Thought I would post my three meals (no snacking) from my first day of the challenge.  The kale I had with my eggs was a bit strong, but I got most of it down.  Lunch and dinner were keepers!

Breakfast: 3 organic eggs cooked in a bed of kale that was sautéed with coconut oil, green onions, lemon juice, and garlic. Black coffee. I had to get up 30 minutes early to cook this.
Lunch: fresh spinach, and carrots, with canned beets, with a drizzle of macadamia nut oil.  Organic chicken nuggets (breaded with arrowroot powder and fried in coconut oil)

Dinner: sweet potatoe with a  teaspoon of ghee (clarified butter), asparagus sautéed in ghee, and chicken cooked with extra virgin olive oil and fresh rosemary. The next two days are supposed to feel similar to having a hangover. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment