Monday, September 8, 2014

Summer Finds

I adore Target.  I can usually come pretty close to finding a knockoff there of an overpriced item I like in a magazine.  
Take these guys: got them on Sale for like $45/each.  Magazine: $145.

The kids use them for all kind of things they shouldn't.  

My favorite addition I found on ebay.  I saw a cast iron horse windmill weight I loved at a local antique store.  They wanted $800.  I settled for this cast iron horse instead. $35. 



I haven't been able to get to the big flea markets this summer like I had planned, except for one trip back in May to the Washington, PA Antique Market.  It took me about 50 minutes to get there, but my BF from college went with me and we fueled up with Starbucks first.  


I would say the merchandise was so-so. I was really looking for some furniture pieces, which were few and far between.

Instead I found this vintage child's toy cradle that I plan on refinishing white for Kaya's dolls. $10
And... Jesus.  Once we actually do something with our dining room, they will have a permanent home there. $50/pair

I love the hunt. Maybe I can squeeze one more trip to another flea market in the area I want to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment