Monday, April 14, 2014

Art Room-After

Do you remember these pictures? Well, here are the after pictures of my Art Room makeover:
 
BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE
 
AFTER
 
I hated this room before.  It was bare and un-inviting.  I had a cheap budget, so I hit Target, Ikea and Lowes. I found the burgundy poof at Target on clearance for $15, and it matched the rug we already had perfectly.  I spent $65 at Ikea for the two pairs of curtains ($20/pair), $12 for this cute bladeless paper cutter-

 (It came in natural wood, so I bought bright yellow glossy spray paint to spruce it up. That took the cost up to $15), and $14 for this rod and two buckets that are acting as storage for all our chalk-


I found this personalized Fine Art Gallery vinyl wall art from VinylExpress on Etsy for $14.50 including shipping:


The chalkboard paint was $10 at Lowes, plus I purchased about $10 in foam roller supplies to put it on.  All art compliments of Patrick.  Tommy won't let me hang his up.  He likes to carry them around too much.  Now this is one of my favorite rooms.  That's all for under $120.00.  The kids and I love, love the chalkboards, but I will say this.  DO NOT put a chalkboard wall in your kitchen or a bedroom.  I bought "dustless" chalk and the chalk dust is still EVERYWHERE.


There are still a few small things I want to add, but we are done for now.  I want to host an "Art Camp" this summer for some of the boy's friends to break-in the space.


***My blog has been giving me a weird error message, and for some reason it is repeating words and changing the font color.  Sorry for the disruption...

No comments:

Post a Comment