Wednesday, November 28, 2012

All Grown Up

Not me.  My bedroom.  We finally got rid of the old Marine Corps bachelor set that Tom had been hauling from state to state and bought a real, official, grown-up master bedroom set.  And a rug.  And lamps.  My budget ran dry at curtains, but I barely notice.  So very happy.

This was during the "empty all our clothes out of old set to prepare for the new set, so it is a bit if a disaster

We only had one dresser, and Tom had all his things in it.  My clothes were stored in the tall, mirrored armoire I bought at Ikea back in 1999 and our only nightstand.  Yes, that is also a halogen lamp in the corner.  College called and wants its light back.
But now, we each have our very own dresser, and very own nightstands!  We ordered the furniture sight-unseen, and are completely happy with our choice (whew!)


A HomeGoods unexpected find.  Tom suggested filling it with golf balls.  I think I will fill it with Christmas bulbs for the month of December .

 
What finally swayed us to buy without seeing the furniture in person were the nightstands.  Tom and I both loved the tiered nightstand.  The task lights I found at Target and are just the right brightness for reading without keeping the other person up.


But one of the very best parts is the hidden charging station.  No more unsightly cords from lamps, baby monitor and cell phone sitting on my floor anymore (which had annoyed me to no end)


I did hit up Pottery Barn for the rug though after a lengthy search.  Got it on sale, of course.  In my dream plan,  I would have had the wallpaper stripped (yes, those periwinkle walls are wallpaper) and a new color on the walls, but add in two little boys who need still a lot of my attention and well, we'll live with it for now.


3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, LOVE IT!! So glad you finally posted pics! What a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful, Carol! Welcome to adulthood! We grew up two years ago and it has been such a nice change. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love every part of this. can you come to california and transform my master? glad to be getting caught up on all that's going on with you guys. can't wait to hear your announcement! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete