Sunday, September 5, 2010

Running Out of Steam

While I will miss scenes like these as summer starts turning to fall, this mom is ready for a change of scenery. I have lost that momentum I had when we first began tackling our to-do-list that comes with buying a new house. I lack the will power to unpack another box. I am tired of the ritual of picking up a roomful of toys every night like Ground Hog Day. I am exhausted with trying to feed the world's pickiest eater, who has only gained slightly less than one pound in three months.

But I am thankful for our beautiful house, all of our belongings (even the annoying toys), and the abundance of food so many families don't have. And just in time, God has sent me this fall-like weekend to revive my soul! I can't help but think of pumpkins, and Halloween, and warm sweaters. And just when I think I don't deserve more than what we already have, the most likeable neighbors keep popping into our lives. The first neighborhood playgroup has been loosely organized and with two morning playdates under our belts, I already feel like it will be a lifesaver once we are driven inside for the winter.

Happy Labor day Weekend!
Carol




No comments:

Post a Comment