Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Much Needed Vacation

It FINALLY happened: Tom and I packed up the car Friday, loaded in Patrick, and off we headed to Seven Springs Mountain Resort for some R&R&R (that's rest, riding and relaxation) over the weekend. We did not have the greatest of weather Friday or Saturday, but Sunday it was gloriously sunny and overall, I give the trip a huge thumbs up. Saturday, Tom gave me the gift of some personal time- yippee! I was able to sleep in a little, and around noon I made a beeline for the Double K Stables where I had an hour long riding lesson on a beautiful gelding named Bodeen. It was BLISSFUL cantering around an outdoor ring with the Laurel Mountains as the backdrop and the autumn leaves still in peak color. I was in heaven until the following day when SORENESS set in. It will be a while before I am back in shape when it comes to horses.

The rest of Saturday was followed by a lot of quality time with Tom and Patrick- we walked around the lodge and explored Autumn Fest briefly. Sunday morning before church we went on a quick hike along the top of the ski slopes. Mostly though, we just hung out as a family in the condo and enjoyed the slow pace in front of a fire. It was so hard to leave Sunday, but we are now back home and recharged.










1 comment:

  1. So glad to see you all got away for some time together! Looks like it was beautiful and theraputic! That Patrick is getting so big and is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete